Game.Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 117 on Sun May 30, 2021 7:49 pm
Latest topics
» Turtleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future -Austindo EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 6:00 pm by Austindo

» The Sims 3
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future -Austindo EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:14 pm by SuperQ

» Open the Door
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future -Austindo EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:13 pm by SuperQ

» Socom 4 Review -Austindo
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future -Austindo EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:48 pm by Austindo

»  PS4 is confirmed to be in development
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future -Austindo EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:04 pm by Austindo

» New Picture (collabing pics)
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future -Austindo EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:03 pm by Blakemartn

» Picture I made
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future -Austindo EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 1:44 pm by Blakemartn

» Gamenation Fliers
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future -Austindo EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:00 pm by Blakemartn

» Mortal Kombat
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future -Austindo EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:33 pm by Blakemartn

Statistics
We have 17 registered users
The newest registered user is flurlara

Our users have posted a total of 512 messages in 104 subjects

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future -Austindo

Go down

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future -Austindo Empty Professor Layton and the Unwound Future -Austindo

Post by Austindo Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:20 pm

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future -Austindo NTR_PLaytonUF_logo_E3
Does the last game in the older Professor Layton series live up to the hype?

Graphics: The graphics are, well, they are Professor Layton style. Which if you don't know, is 2-D animation. The cut-scene's are the smoothest they ever been. It's like watching an anime every time one pops up. I give graphics a 10/10. While they aren't Uncharted 2 graphics, they are great for the Professor Layton series.

Sound: The sound is extremely smooth compared to Curious Village and Diabolical Box. The famous Layton theme has been remastered and sounds simply amazing. The game is full of multiple tracks that fit the new game's steam punk style. I give sound a 10/10. Possibly the most hip and smoothest audio Ive ever heard for the DS.

Story: Level 5 makes yet again, another beautiful story for the Professor Layton series. This is definitely the most elaborate and confusing story yet, which makes for a good puzzle-adventure game like itself. Its based in a present day London and reveals alot about Layton's past. Be aware, there is a huge turn of events several times throughout the game, which keeps you thinking. I give the story a 10/10. It's Layton, what can i say?

Game Play: The game play is the same as diabolical box. You go around talking to people, solving puzzles, earning picarats, and following your objective. You can move about the town in the game which can be a hassle, but is supposed to be as realistic as possible (There is no teleporting to the location you want to go to, or flying on a bird. Although that flying Delorian is useful. JK). The puzzles are all solved using different methods, so i wont go into much detail on the game play of the puzzles them selves. I give game play an 8/10. Play it like your Layton.

Lasting Appeal: I am still playing the game with 14 hours of time played and counting. The game proves to be in great length for your average puzzle solver like myself. Some of the puzzles prove to be difficult and take quite some time to complete. There is no multiplayer (Of course), While there IS wifi connectivity. You can log onto Nintendo WFC and download your weekly puzzle. This does give the game a long lasting appeal, BUT, there is only one you can download each week. I give game play an 8/10. Layton definitely lasts a long time.

In total I give Professor Layton and the Unwound Future a 9/10. The game proves to stand up to the Layton standard.

If you are wandering what i meant by "Does the last game in the older Professor Layton series live up to the hype?" This is the last game in the trilogy which features an older Professor Layton. The next game (Mask Of Miracle) will feature a younger Professor Layton.
Austindo
Austindo
Admin
Admin

https://gamenation.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down