Game.Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 117 on Sun May 30, 2021 7:49 pm
Latest topics
» Turtleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Metroid: Other M -Austindo EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 6:00 pm by Austindo

» The Sims 3
Metroid: Other M -Austindo EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:14 pm by SuperQ

» Open the Door
Metroid: Other M -Austindo EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:13 pm by SuperQ

» Socom 4 Review -Austindo
Metroid: Other M -Austindo EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:48 pm by Austindo

»  PS4 is confirmed to be in development
Metroid: Other M -Austindo EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:04 pm by Austindo

» New Picture (collabing pics)
Metroid: Other M -Austindo EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:03 pm by Blakemartn

» Picture I made
Metroid: Other M -Austindo EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 1:44 pm by Blakemartn

» Gamenation Fliers
Metroid: Other M -Austindo EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:00 pm by Blakemartn

» Mortal Kombat
Metroid: Other M -Austindo EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:33 pm by Blakemartn

Statistics
We have 17 registered users
The newest registered user is flurlara

Our users have posted a total of 512 messages in 104 subjects

Metroid: Other M -Austindo

2 posters

Go down

Metroid: Other M -Austindo Empty Metroid: Other M -Austindo

Post by Austindo Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Metroid: Other M -Austindo Metroid-other-m-logo
Does Nintendo's Team Up With Team Ninja Make a Good Metroid Game?

Graphics: The graphics are beautiful, despite being third person. Samus' shines in her new, more updated gloss. The styling is obviously alot like the Ninja Gaiden series. Deffinantly has a great set of graphics, considering its for the Wii. I give the graphics a 9/10. Smooth, yet lives up to the 3-D metroid standard.

Sound: The sound is great. Voice overs are beautiful. Samus' narration and dialogue definitely pulls in the player emotionally and mentally. When fighting, the sounds change for each enemy you face and the background music is stylish, smooth, and fits the Metroid theme. Some classic tracks return, such as Ridley's theme. I give the sound a 10/10. An audio masterpiece.

Story: Metroid games have always had a great storyline. This drives deep into samus' past as you adventure through the game. While her past is not the main story of the game, it does reveal alot about samus before she became a bounty hunter. The game takes place between Super Metroid, and Metroid Fusion. It has a great amount of relation to the past games and starts off at the end of Super Metroid where you are battling the newly resurrected Mother Brain. I give the Story a 9/10. It keeps you wanting more right PAST the very end. (HINT HINT)

Game play: If you have played the more recent Metroid Prime games, the game play from the Metroid Prime Series and Other M are not alike. Like stated earlier, the game is primarily in 3rd person view. You hold the controller horizontally to play the game in 3rd person view. You hold the controller vertically to switch into 1st person view. In 1st person view you can not move, but it does allow you to fire missiles and use the grappling hook which you can not use in the 3rd person view. It also allows you to see things from a different point of view in which you can spot things such as invisible aliens or holes in which you can travel into using morph ball mode. There are plenty of new power ups such as the super bomb, which you don't unlock until the end (Hint* Once you grapple inside, use the super bomb! *Hint, You'll understand at the end), or the speed booster, which allows you to run extremely fast. In total, this game took me about 8 hours to complete. I give the Game play a 9/10. It's a nice change to the metroid control scheme but is still smooth and is great for your average hardcore gamer (yes this game is definitely hardcore)

Lasting Appeal: This game took me two days to complete (I have no life, JK). After you beat the game there is still more to do, you go back to the bottle ship in which Samus hints "I have to go back and find something that can not be replaced." (I am currently completing the after story as we speak.) But other then the after story, the game is absolutely useless. There is no wifi connectivity or multiplayer in this game. I give lasting appeal a 4/10. You might as well sell the game to Gamestop after you've completely beaten the main story and after story.

All together, I give Metroid: Other M an 8.5/10. This is a definite must buy for any wii owners or Metroid Fans.
Austindo
Austindo
Admin
Admin

https://gamenation.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Metroid: Other M -Austindo Empty Re: Metroid: Other M -Austindo

Post by Blakemartn Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:28 am

I got this game but never played it i let my friend play xD then returned. It was an uneventful week that was.
Blakemartn
Blakemartn

https://www.youtube.com/blakemartn

Back to top Go down