Game.Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 117 on Sun May 30, 2021 7:49 pm
Latest topics
» Turtleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Heavy Rain EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 6:00 pm by Austindo

» The Sims 3
Heavy Rain EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:14 pm by SuperQ

» Open the Door
Heavy Rain EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:13 pm by SuperQ

» Socom 4 Review -Austindo
Heavy Rain EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:48 pm by Austindo

»  PS4 is confirmed to be in development
Heavy Rain EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:04 pm by Austindo

» New Picture (collabing pics)
Heavy Rain EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:03 pm by Blakemartn

» Picture I made
Heavy Rain EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 1:44 pm by Blakemartn

» Gamenation Fliers
Heavy Rain EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:00 pm by Blakemartn

» Mortal Kombat
Heavy Rain EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:33 pm by Blakemartn

Statistics
We have 17 registered users
The newest registered user is flurlara

Our users have posted a total of 512 messages in 104 subjects

Heavy Rain

5 posters

Go down

Heavy Rain Empty Heavy Rain

Post by Blakemartn Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:34 pm

Welcome! I'm at a computer at school to bring you this excellent review on the "Multi-Award" Winning Video game "Heavy Rain".
Starting view:

You start out as "Ethan Mars" a Young architect Married with 2 Children Shaun And Jason. You wake up in your underwear and begin doing basic hygiene and morning routine. You find a note on the floor exclaiming you're wife has gone shopping with the children.

After you're bath, Teeth Brushed, shave and Dressing. You finally get to the downstairs of your home. You have plenty of time to have a little fun and get work done before the family comes home. After the family comes home you play with the children and set up the table for eating then go shopping at a very crowded mall.

(I will try to skip as much details as possible) Today’s Jason’s birthday so you go to the mall for presents possibly? But unfortunately you lose Jason and he ends up in a very unfortunate accident.

2 years later…

Shaun has been abducted by the origami killer, a serial killer whom appears only in the fall when the heavy rains appear, the police report that his victims are killed by being drowned mostly in rainwater, with only an Orchid and a random Origami figure in the right hand.

Shaun has been abducted and the only clues you have are a shoe box full of origami and a cell phone with direct streaming of your son drowning.

How far are you willing to go to save someone you love...?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal review:

This game is amazing I’m already in the second play through and there are 21+ endings.
The controls are based on observations, leaning on objects and realistic hand control.

Playstation Move Control: The playstation move controller has been implemented into the game and I played the first few chapters of it and it is amazing. If you go to open a door you reach in then reach out. Voila! The door is open. Fight scenes and hand based controls are best with Playstation move because of its authenticity and its realism that you feel playing. Knock on a door? Reach your hand up and knock!
5 out of 5!

Sound/Graphics: The sounds of the game are more intimate in the game than normal games it feels like you are right there and the music makes the game intense and thrilling. The graphics of the game have been tested to the limit of the Playstation 3 and it looks real, just freaking real the animation is used with the mocap x100 including facial mocap and hand mocap (Mocap is the CG animation balls they put on you to record stuff in the movies) 5 out of 5!

Game-play design: The gameplay like previously said is based on observing your surroundings looking, tinkering, and even fumbling waiting for events to happen. By Holding L2 You can View you’re Characters thoughts which displays decisions and important thoughts which help get you to the next chapter.
(SIXAXIS IS REQUIRED TO PLAY WITH WIRELESS CONTROLLER) 5 out of 5!

Story: This game is a Thrilling decision maker it makes you think and think and think more, and it is just absolutely awesome each decision factors the next chapter differently in MANY ways so there are different endings! But in some cases you just can’t help getting the same ending more than once.
5 out of 5

All in all I've got to say Heavy Rain is the best thriller game to come cross my path 5 out of 5 in my book!

NOTICE: Heavy Rain is rated "M" (18+ in Europe) For Nudity, violence, blood, Drug refrences and strong language.
Blakemartn
Blakemartn

https://www.youtube.com/blakemartn

Back to top Go down

Heavy Rain Empty Re: Heavy Rain

Post by alligators Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:47 pm

you are great at reviewing this movie dun right here now
alligators
alligators

Back to top Go down

Post by Austindo Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:36 pm

Yea blake, sure thing. And alligators if all your gunna post is negative stuff then don't post it please.
Austindo
Austindo
Admin
Admin

https://gamenation.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperQ Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:41 pm

I liked this game; though, I'd rather they have released all of that DLC before they even thought about adding in the gimmickyness of move.
SuperQ
SuperQ
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakemartn Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:29 am

Move is ok it's sometimes frustrating though
Blakemartn
Blakemartn

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperQ Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:52 am

If it's just 'ok', then why did you give it a 5 out of 5? I mean, 5 out of 5 is a perfect score, meaning that specific part of the game is perfect, or damn near perfect. If it's just ok, and frustrating, then why is it not rated lower?
SuperQ
SuperQ
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by RPG_Dude Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:54 am

I didn't know we reviewed movies.
Good review blake.
I prefer new police story though.
RPG_Dude
RPG_Dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakemartn Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:41 pm

SuperQ wrote:If it's just 'ok', then why did you give it a 5 out of 5? I mean, 5 out of 5 is a perfect score, meaning that specific part of the game is perfect, or damn near perfect. If it's just ok, and frustrating, then why is it not rated lower?

I gave it a 5/5 Because i liked the feel it was only frustrating to me because my room isint spacious for move or kinect and BARELY a wii. xD i only bought move because i thought it was coooool. (Shiney Ball....Can i touch it?)
Blakemartn
Blakemartn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum